Marinate the chicken in a quick savory mixture of tomato paste, olive oil, lots of garlic, and fresh parsley for the perfect accompaniment to grilled bread. One of several healthy dinner recipes the family will absolutely enjoy. In addition, this is one of the recipes I love as far as cheap dinner ideas goes as well.
- Total Time: 0:25
- Prep: 0:15
- Level: Easy
- Yield: 8 skewers
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large cubes
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley, plus more leaves for garnish
- 8 skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Make marinade: combine tomato paste, olive oil, garlic cloves, and chopped parsley in large bowl. Add chicken and toss to fully coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Skewer chicken and bread. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and bread slightly charred, about 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley.